Friday, May 24, 2013

What the what!?

Do you remember the movie The Holiday with Cameron Diaz & Jude Law (oh, and Jack Black & Kate Winslet)?  Remember how Amanda, Cameron's character can't cry, like she physically cannot shed a tear?  Well, that pretty much sums up my adult life.  I just don't really show emotion like that...for example, I have yet to cry at an ultrasound - when apparently every single woman ever cries when she hears the heartbeats or sees the baby move for the first time.   Not. Me.  Do I cry? Sure - I have usually one or two good cries a year...but other than that I don't really cry...it's strange..

So, imagine my surprise when I teared (no actual tears) up at just about anything a few days ago.  And even though I haven't cried today I feel like I'm on the verge of it at any moment...and I'm actually pretty happy today.  These hormones are strange.  They've been doing strange things to my body, physically, for awhile now...but now they're messing with my mental abilities.  

Lighten up, hormones.  Nobody likes an attention whore!  






1 comment:

  1. I never cried either until yesterday when the u/s tech told us that we're having a boy!

    I thought I was weird too!

    ReplyDelete