Friday, May 3, 2013

12 Weeks

Shut the front door!! The babies are now the size of plums!! That's pretty big considering we started this trimester off as poppy seeds!  This week the bubs are about 2 inches long and have all of the parts they are going to have!  They are entering what The Bump calls the "growth and maturation" stage - so instead of growing parts, they will be developing their organs and tissue.  They are opening and closing their hands and have even developed reflexes!  As always, grow babies, grow!!!  The other exciting news? This is officially my last week in the first trimester (according to my doctor)!! Bring on May 10th!!


How far along: 12w0d

Total weight gain: I finally looked - I've gained 5 lbs!  That might sound like a lot but the doctor wanted me to gain between 4-6 lbs in the first trimester.  From here on out I have to get better at watching my weight every week because I am supposed to gain 1.5-2 lbs a week!!  That's a lot, but, if it helps these babies to grow and be healthy I'm going to do it! 

Maternity clothes: Oh please! There's no way I couldn't be wearing them! Although, this week I have felt I look more fat than pregnant. 

Stretch marks: Cue the virtual sniffles!  Yes, I have quite a few on the front of my belly.  They are small - but purple and very clearly the beginning of something more real. 

Sleep: Well, I'm staying up later, usually until 9.  But I'm also still waking up at 12:30am, 3:00am and 6:00am like clockwork.  The 6:00 one isn't bad until it's the weekend - then it makes me want to cry! 

Best moment of this week: I got a shipment of maternity clothes from ON for %30 off!! My closet is growing!

Miss anything: Same things - exercise and wine.  Not together though. 

Movement: I thought I felt a baby move earlier this week, and then again last night, but I'm not convinced that's really what it was.  

Food cravings: Nothing really other than cake.  

Anything making you queasy or sick: Every now and again I'll get a wave of nausea - usually early in the morning or late at night. 

Have you started to show yet: Yes, I'll try to get a picture of it once I'm ready for work.   

Gender: No - but I had my first "gender dream" last night - of course I was having a boy and girl in the dream - so I'm not sure if it's a sign or if it's just my subconscious b/c that's what I've been saying it was for a few weeks.  

Labor signs: N/a   

Belly button in or out: In - thank goodness!

Wedding rings on or off: Getting tighter and tighter. 

Happy or moody most of the time: Happy for most of the time, however, the "moodY" has kicked in a bit more this week than it has in the past. 

Looking forward to: Next Thursday - my last day of the first trimester!! WOOHOO!!


No comments:

Post a Comment