Wednesday, June 26, 2013

It's finally over...

The waiting that is!! We had our MFM appointment today - and finally got to see the girls again!

Yes, they are still both girls! Phew!! After all of the boy/girl dreams I'd been having I was really starting to doubt it! But, we are team PINK all the way as of today!! It's funny, because even though we went to an elective u/s place at 16 weeks - in the back of my mind I wasn't able to really accept that it was right until now.

More importantly: Both babies are measuring on track with singletons at this point.  One baby was 11 oz and the other was 12 oz.  This would be the 52 percentile & 74 percentile, respectively, in comparison to singletons.

Also, all of the organs (heart, lungs, brain, kidneys) spine, bones, lips (cleft palate) fluids were measuring at the right size too.  This means that as of right now the babies are healthy, healthy!!

The girls are in a sideways "L" shape in my stomach at the moment - connecting bum to bum.  Isla is laying straight across my stomach, slightly above my bellybutton.  Then, Zara is pointed up and down in my stomach.  This combo of positions might explain why I'm so huge already - and perhaps might even explain why I'm already getting discomfort!  Zara has an anterior placenta (in the front - so between her and my stomach) which also explains why I have yet to feel movement! Phew!

So - that's the update for now.  I will go back for this extensive U/S every 4 weeks with the MFM to monitor growth and watch out for any concerns.  But for now, I have two healthy, wiggly baby girls and couldn't be happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment