Friday, August 23, 2013

Week 28!!

Don't worry - I know babies shouldn't
drink martinis! It's not for them - but
for me after they're born!!  
The girls are now back to being the size of something cool - they are measuring in at roughly 16 inches long (almost the full length they'll be when they're born) and roughly 2.5-3 lbs!! Yep, that's the size of a chihuahua!! Hopefully they don't have those crazy bug eyes & big ears though...This week the girls will be busy putting on fat - so they are starting to chunk up to prep for birth.  Also, their lungs are mature enough now that they'd be able to survive if they were born! Phew!

Also, while I considered myself in the 3rd Trimester last week (as do many resources and doctors) it's official this week! No matter what resource you look at (book, doctor, online, etc) they all agree that week 28 is for sure in the 3rd Tri!!  I'd do a little happy dance but I'm far too tired and uncomfortable!  Guess that's about right for this trimester, from what I hear though!

Total weight gain: Yep, not looking again.  I'm guessing it's not pretty - my stretch marks continue to grow and even Allan makes a daily comment about how, "Wow, you've grown overnight! At least 2-3 inches!!"  Lol We don't have a problem with drama in this house...

Maternity clothes: What would I do without them?!

Stretch marks: See above...it's not cute...

Sleep: Wait, what's that again?!  I'm up roughly every 1.5-2 hours either to pee, in pain or b/c I can't feel my hands (apparently a pregnant thing).  Add to all of that the crazy nightmares I'm having (last night I had a dream Bax jumped off our porch on the 3rd floor to his death - and Allan was in ICU b/c he choked on something...who can sleep through all that drama!?

Best moment of this week: Making it through an entire work week with the kids back!! I'm mega sore today - and totally dragging - but I did it!!

Miss anything: A glass of wine after work...

Movement: Yep, they're still moving - but the kicks are getting lighter and lighter - I'm thinking this is due to them running out of room a bit. 

Food cravings: Again, nothing really...

Anything making you queasy or sick: Chicken. Still.

Have you started to show yet: It's never-ending tummy over here!

Gender: Twice the serving of Sugar & Spice!

Labor signs: Thankfully, it was another quiet week!

Belly button in or out: In - but super shallow.

Wedding rings on or off: Off - but on a necklace around my neck :)

Mood most of the time: Happy - I'm really pleased with work this week, my performance, and how the girls are doing.  I'm getting so, so excited to meet them!!

Looking forward to: It's a big week next week!! I have my regular OB appointment on Tuesday, where I will do my gestational diabetes test as well as have a growth u/s.  Then on Wednesday I have my hour long u/s with the MFM (high risk doctor).  All of that will be followed by a maternity photo shoot with a local photographer to catch this pregnancy on film for all time!! Very exciting!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment