Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Gestational Diabetes, Breech Babies and more...

Well, these last two days have been a crazy ride!!  I went to my regular OB appointment yesterday and had my gestational diabetes test done.  Apparently we will wait a week before those results - I'm worried but at the same time I'm not, if that makes sense.  Really, there is nothing I can do to prevent it - so it is what it is.  If I do have it then I'll meet with a dietician and follow guidelines that will ensure the babies and I stay nice and healthy.

At this appointment we had an ultrasound, which showed both babies were in the breech position, or for those of you who don't speak OB/baby talk: both were head up.  It was so cute to see them side by side "cuddling".   The doctor also said this is probably why I've been in less pain (pelvic bone) this week.  So all good.  She set a tentative C-Section date of Oct 25th.  I will be 27 weeks by then and she thinks b/c of my borderline blood pressure, my recent swelling and headaches, will need to go then.  We'll see.  She also said she's probably going to put me on bed rest for the last two weeks of pregnancy - so not to be surprised when that happened.  I'm glad she told me that yesterday because I've needed some time to process that information.  I hate bed rest.

So, today we met with the MFM (high risk doctor) who uses a more accurate u/s machine so we got better details.  Zara is weighing in at 3lbs0oz and Isla at a hefty 3lbs3oz!!  Both girls are roughly 17 inches.  The doctor said that the girls both have big heads (74 percentile) and shorter legs (33 percentile) but assured me they were not in danger of being little people.  Also - they are both measuring almost 2 weeks ahead as far as development!!  She said she was very impressed with how healthy they were and how healthy I've been and to keep up the good work!!

So, that's about it.  As usual, one girl would cooperate for pictures and the other wouldn't.  So I've attached a picture of Isla...I just love her little cheeks already!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment