Friday, August 9, 2013

26 weeks...


26 weeks today!! That means I'm 2/3 of the way through this pregnancy (if I were going to 40 weeks).  It also means that I have officially been pregnant for half of a year! And, I'm not going to lie, lately it seems as though I've been pregnant forever.  

The girls are roughly 2 lbs each at this point.  They can open and close their eyes and their hearing is developed enough to hear sounds outside of my stomach.  Not only that, but their cognitive development is enough to start remembering my voice as well as Allan's!  

The girls are starting to look more like babies (see last u/s) but, according to The Pregnant Chicken, "there’s still a fair amount of work going on under the hood with [their] internal organs."


Total weight gain: You know, I haven't stepped on the scale this week at all...hold on while I run to the bathroom - hopefully I won't return in tears!   Oooooh man...the grand total is 44 lbs...that leaves 21 lbs (max!) gain for the next 10 weeks.  Cue hyperventilating.

Maternity clothes: Yes, but my belly is starting to outgrow those too...what happens when you don't fit in maternity clothes?

Stretch marks:  They are slowly creeping their way upwards! I can now see them above my bellybutton...so starting from my bikini line, all the way to my rib cage, I'm mapped out with stretch marks.

Sleep: Starting to get 3-4 hour periods of sleep at a time.  It's taking it's toll on me a bit (or I'm starting to get 3rd tri fatigue a bit early) and I find myself either needing a nap or going to bed extremely early at night.

Best moment of this week: Physical therapy...she figured out that I really have two issues that are making me walk around in pain.  1) SPD, which I already discussed in another post.  2) A locked left SI joint.  Awesome.  The reason my visit there was so good is b/c she gave me exercises to do to give me some relief.  I still hurt, trust me, but not as bad.

Miss anything: This week, shockingly, I don't really miss anything.

Movement: Oooh man, are they!  The girls pretty much kick whenever I'm "resting" i.e. not moving.  It's really quite cool to just sit still for 1/2 hour or so and watch my belly wibble and wobble in all directions from the kicks.

Food cravings: Cottage cheese.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Chicken. Still.

Have you started to show yet: Yes, in fact, Allan is convinced that my stomach has grown even more in the last two weeks.

Gender: Twice the serving of Sugar & Spice!

Labor signs: Thankfully, it was another quiet week!

Belly button in or out:  In - I can't believe it!

Wedding rings on or off: Off - but on a necklace around my neck :)

Mood most of the time: I've been feeling a bit funky this week...but for the most part I'd say I'm happy.  Just melancholy.

Looking forward to: Going back to work next week.  I think it's going to be quite the challenge - but I'm looking forward to seeing everybody, and getting everything in place for my maternity leave so I can stop worrying about it.  Of course, work also makes my weeks go by much faster - so once I'm back Oct will be here before I know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment