Saturday, August 17, 2013

27 weeks...a day late...

What's the saying? "A day late, a dollar short?" Well, after returning to work I had absolutely no energy to update yesterday, so I apologize, but I'm a day late! Hopefully this won't become a theme, but lately Fridays are pretty hard for me to get motivated. 

The girls are the size of the most unattractive fruit/vegetable yet - rutabagas.  Ugh.  Trust me, I tried to google something that was the same size in comparison, but all that came up was a page full of pregnant woman laughing at how their baby was the size of this stupid vegetable.  So, a rutabaga it is. 

Anyway - the babies are roughly 14 inches long - and this is the first week that they are officially measured from head to toe - before it was head to rump! I'm indecisive as to how much they weigh - the doctor said they should be roughly 3 lbs by now, but the bump said 1.5-2.5.  I guess 2.5 is roughly 3 lbs...

The girls are also starting to develop more brain activity this week and are now "breathing" amniotic fluid which is helping with lung development. So, some pretty major progress this week! Way to go ladies! 


Total weight gain: I'm not re-weighing myself after last week.  I'd like to stay blissfully the same in my mind, although, I'm quite sure that's not the case as everybody (including Allan) keep commenting on my size lately. 

Maternity clothes: I bought a new shirt for our maternity pictures at the end of the month - and a cardigan to help turn some of my summer tanks into more appropriate work wear. 

Stretch marks:  They are appearing in vast quantities at alarming amounts this week. I'm pretty sure I have stretch marks on top of stretch marks! 

Sleep: Wow! It's horrible!!! I'm sleeping about 1-2 hours before waking up.  Sometimes to use the bathroom sometimes just b/c.  I read somewhere that the body starts to prep itself for newborns in the 3rd tri by getting less and less sleep.  I hate it now, but I"m sure this lack of sleep will come in handy soon. 

Best moment of this week: Being able to make it through 3 days of work!! I was very nervous about it all - but it went well! I have great co-workers who have helped me out a TON so that helps too...I'm very lucky to be working where I am right now. 

Miss anything: Laying on my stomach.  

Movement: They are moving more - but not as intensely as before - if that makes sense.  I definitely feel them on a more regular schedule - but their kicks aren't as strong as they have been. 

Food cravings: Nothing, really.  Odd.  

Anything making you queasy or sick: Chicken. Still.

Have you started to show yet: It's never-ending tummy over here! 

Gender: Twice the serving of Sugar & Spice!

Labor signs: Thankfully, it was another quiet week!

Belly button in or out:  In - I still can't believe it!

Wedding rings on or off: Off - but on a necklace around my neck :)

Mood most of the time: Anxious.  I want to see the girls, but I want them to cook a bit longer too! I'm also anxious to get everything done before they are here.  We finally have the cribs/changer so I think that will help with things.  The nursery is essentially done except for 2 more decorative things I want...but the big stuff if all taken care of!

Looking forward to: We have an u/s in a little over a week and then our maternity photo shoot!  I'm excited for both!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment