Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Update from Weekly appointment & MFM

The results are in - and we are all doing relatively good!!

My blood pressure is still a bit on the high side, and I'm still having some massive headaches, but all of the lab work (both urine and blood) have come back okay.  So, right now we are labeling my issue as "chronic gestational hypertension" i.e. high blood pressure b/c I'm pregnant.  The doctors (both OB & MFM) would like to monitor me weekly though to make sure it does not turn into pre-e or anything worse.  So, not only will I have my weekly monitoring - the girls will now start getting NST (non-stress tests) to make sure their placentas are doing okay w/ the BP the way it is.

Both girls weighed in huge today at 5lbs and 5lbs4oz!! That's somewhere in the 70th & 80th percentiles in comparison to singletons at this gestational age, which is great!  We saw Z yawn, both of their hearts beating away, their bladder & kidneys (which means they are practicing swallowing now) and lungs.  Very cool!!  So, they are both healthy - just big babies!!

Hard to believe I have almost 11 pounds of baby in me! No wonder I'm so tired and it's getting so hard to move around!!

As of right now, because of everything mentioned above, we are making my "goal" date for delivery Oct 11, which would be 35 weeks.  Now, this could change at any time, if things start getting worse (or better - if my headaches/BP resolve themselves)...but we will know more at my appointment next Tuesday which way it'll go but my OB is pretty sure we're looking closer to 35 weeks than anything else.

Craaaazy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment