Friday, September 20, 2013

32 weeks!!!

Well, we made it to 32 weeks!! It was our first big milestone since being on bed rest.  Now that I'm at 32 weeks I can deliver in the town we live in and not have to worry about being flown to SLC to deliver.  The NICU here (if we need it) will be able to take care of our girls at this point! It's a huge relief.

Also, a little update on my bed rest progress.  As I posted earlier this week, my blood pressure was not going down on bed rest, in fact it's gone up.  The doctors had me monitor my BP for a little over 24 hours to make sure that my readings at the office weren't induced by anxiety.  They weren't.  Anyway, the doctor has prescribed me blood pressure medication at a very low dose to start tomorrow.  She has assured me that it is safe for the girls.  Also, I will start doing a 24 hour urine analysis this weekend to let us know if I have protein in my urine that they are not catching at the office.  We will have those results for my next appointment on Tuesday and so will be able to make a game plan going forward.

Total weight gain: Not even looking after last week!! I can't bring myself to do it again.

Maternity clothes: I spend my days in tank tops and comfy pants these days. No need to get all dressed up to lay in bed, right?

Stretch marks: No new ones (thank goodness) since last week!!

Sleep: I'm back to 1-2 hour stretches of sleep - but now that the weather is cooling off I suspect I'll start sleeping better.

Best moment of this week: I was approved for short-term disability today!!

Miss anything: Having feeling in my stomach! My skin is so stretched out that there is a good portion of my stomach that I can no longer feel.

Movement: Isla & Z are still moving around, but the movement has gone from kicks/punches to more of a sliding across my belly feel...I don't know how to explain it.

Food cravings: Yogurt with cheese dipped in it (I ate this when I was younger...I was strange).

Anything making you queasy or sick: Amazingly - nothing!!!

Have you started to show yet: Yep, I'm measuring as though I am 47 weeks pregnant.

Labor signs: Not a one!

Belly button in or out: In still!! Woot woot!

Wedding rings on or off: Off - not even around my neck at this point b/c they were starting to annoy me on bed rest.

Mood most of the time: Bored - but happy.  I'm really trying to be conscience about being in a positive state of mind since they say the girls can tell when I'm happy or sad...must be related to Santa somehow...

Looking forward to: I have two appointments next week - one on Tuesday with the OB where I'll figure out a game plan for the rest.  Then, on Wednesday I have an appointment with my high risk doctor who will do a growth scan for the girls - so we'll know how the are doing and how  much they weigh! I'm really hoping for 4.5-5 lbs...but that might be a loft goal...we'll see!!

No comments:

Post a Comment