Thursday, September 26, 2013

Bed Rest & Meals...

So, bed rest means that I cannot get out of bed to do much. I started off having 3 one hour spurts out of bed a day that has been lowered to being "out of bed as needed."  This means Allan has to take over a lot of the household responsibilities.

It's really hard on me, for different reasons, to watch him do everything around the house while I'm just laying around.  So, I decided this week I would utilize the crockpot to make dinners so that he does not have to come home at 5 o'clock and still have to cook for an hour or so.  The following are links to recipes that we have used.  I've only linked the good ones ;)

Taco Soup
Review: we both love, love, loved this one.  I did not, however, cook it for 8-9 hours on low.  Because I forgot to actually turn the crockpot on, it cooked for 5 hours (2 of those on high but I don't think that's necessary).  It is a soup not a chili so it will be "runny"...it took me awhile to wrap my head around this.


Chicken Philly Cheesesteak
Review:  We both really loved this one too.  Allan was a bit thrown off b/c it definitely has a bit of a "beef" taste but you know it's chicken. I cooked it exactly like the recipe called for and it came out perfect.  We will definitely be having this again!

Beef Stroganoff 
Review: Only Allan got to eat this one.  I would cook the meat longer than what is called for (or at a higher level) before adding everything as suggested.  I did not do this and the meat was still a bit pink - which is probably fine for most - but being pregnant I want my beef 'well done'.  Allan ate it though and said it was another great recipe!!

Mac & Cheese
Review: This is what I'm making tonight for dinner - and I'm the world's pickiest Mac & Cheese eater - so I will update you as soon as we've tasted it.  The recipe looks amazing though!! Allan will have his M&C w/ steak since he's not as big of a fan...

No comments:

Post a Comment