Wednesday, July 31, 2013

In love...

So far, this pregnancy has been very matter of fact for me. Sure, there have been some emotional scary times (ie SCH/bleeding/bed rest) but even then I just didn't feel "connected" to the babies. I was feeling very guilty about this - and perhaps that's why I haven't mentioned it until now. Something happened today, I'm not sure what, but when I saw the girls it finally clicked and I fell head over heels in love with them. Perhaps it was seeing them look more like real babies and less like blobs, maybe it was because they were moving (even yawning!! aww!) so they seemed more "real" than when they were just so still - I'm not sure what exactly made me feel this way - but there's no turning back. I'm attached!!

We had our MFM (high risk doctor) monthly appointment today. Everything went well. Well, as far s the u/s and the girls went - we did have another long wait to get in - 50 minutes!! Ugh! Both A and I were a bit irritable by the time the u/s tech got us - but that quickly faded when we saw our girls.

Both girls are looking good - heartbeats were 147 & 125. Both within normal range - the doctor assured me the 125 was fine, Zara was probably just sleeping or on a "downtime". Which, is actually a bit shocking as she has been kicking up a storm lately! Perhaps she finally wore herself out!

Zara is measuring at 1 lbs 13 oz (74%!!) and Isla is 1 lbs 10 oz (49%) - so in comparison to singletons they are still doing very good - and for twins they are very healthy! He said we might start seeing a decline in weight/comparison around 30 weeks - that's when twins start falling behind - so that's why right now the protein intake is so important!

So, for right now both girls are on track, developing how they are supposed to and look all around healthy. We couldn't ask for more! Also, thankfully, in the last few weeks or so I have been doing good too - some aches and pains - which are going to be addressed through physical therapy - but nothing alarming or scary (i.e. contractions/bleeding/dehydration). Honestly, I'm feeling a bit like superwoman lately - a very tired, achy superwoman - but superwoman none the less. My body is doing something incredibly amazing - and it's doing it relatively well!! Go body!!

On to the pictures of the girls (I bet some of you didn't even read the text above ;)). I think I'm going to start referring to them as "my little divas" as they are being quite the divas lately!! This really should be no shocker, considering they are my kids. It took the tech a few tries to get their pictures - they kept wiggling and putting their hands over their faces just like last time. They must think they are Kim Kardashian's daughters - no pictures until they're paid big bucks! Sorry girls - there is no connection to the Kardashian bloodline - show your faces!!

Isla - look at that cute little face!! 

Zara - trying her best to hide, but we got a profile! 

Look at that cute little hand - the pinky is wrapped around the toes!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment