Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Dear Macey's...

Today I will be sending the following Thank You note to a local grocery store.  Here it is:

Dear Macey's...

You were not always my favorite grocery store.  In fact, I try to avoid you during the day because you are always so busy and your parking lot is crazy - which I'm sure is in direct correlation to your awesome prices and selection.  Seriously, you'd be my go-to shop if it wasn't so hectic to get in!   However, yesterday, this all changed.

You see, I am 6 months pregnant (with twins, so I'm huge!) and as I was standing in line to buy some H2O, juice and muffins before work, my husband looks over at me and says, "Oh no, you're super pale are you okay?"  To which I quietly reply, "Yeah, I'm fine, I just need some sugar or something soon."

A few more minutes it's our turn to checkout.  The cashier was the sweetest person ever.  She grabbed my muffins quickly and said, "Do you want one of these now? Will that help you feel better?"  What?! I didn't even know she could hear us way back in the line!  I don't know why, but it just touched my heart that she took a minute out of her busy morning to try and make me feel better.

To top it off? She then said, "Are you sure you're okay?"  I replied I was fine, just needed breakfast and laughed it off a bit, to which she said, "Well, you look great this morning!"  Really??  The whole 4 minute interaction just made my whole day.  I've really been struggling with embracing my ever-growing body - and not only was she checking in on me to make sure I felt okay - but also - she complimented how I looked?!

It was probably the best moment I've ever had at a grocery store and one I won't soon forget.  Thank you for having such wonderful staff members who go above and beyond at their jobs.  It really does make a difference.

Thank you,

A very pregnant woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment