Friday, July 12, 2013

Week 22...Barbie Dolls!

Reporting to you from week 22 today!! The girls are now the length of barbie dolls!  (BTW - I'm following The Pregnant Chicken measuring chart now - The Bump fruit thing was starting to annoy me with such obscure fruit!)!  The girls both have eyebrows and eyelashes now. The babies are also now starting to sleep in "cycles" and will sleep 12-14 hours a day.  The exciting news?  I'm 2 weeks away from my "viability" day (when, if something happens, the doctors will actually try to resuscitate the girls) and only 5 weeks away from the 3rd trimester! Boy, did this pregnancy go by quickly!!!

Total weight gain: No idea, I was at the doctors yesterday and didn't dare look. My mental state couldn't handle it.

Maternity clothes: I bought a crap-load of clothes from Old Navy and they were delivered last weekend.  It was a disappointing delivery.  All of the clothes fit wrong, had strange stripes, or were just big enough for my bump now - aka no growing room - which won't work b/c I potentially have 15 more weeks of being pregnant and growth.  I cried.  A lot.  Then I decided to return those and order a bunch of dresses (as they are flowy so my belly should fit) from Target.  They should arrive today - I'm hoping it goes a bit better.

Stretch marks: Yep, all over the place.  I did show Allan the other day and he was the absolute best. Me:  Wanna see something gross (lifting up my shirt).  Allan: Oh, your mummy smiles (UK term?) those aren't gross - those are your tiger stripes.  I just love that man!! 

Sleep: Soooooo much better!! I'm not only getting up about an hour or so after I fall asleep to use the restroom and then I'm out for the count!

Best moment of this week:
At night, when I lay down, I can feel Zara moving very lightly.  It's great but it makes whatever happens throughout the day worth it as I know when I lay down for bed I'll get to feel a baby move.

Miss anything: Back to missing wine.  I would love a glass of SUPER cold white wine after work when it's so hot out! It's just so refreshing!

Movement: I am starting to feel Zara a bit.  I still don't feel Isla much, actually, I've only felt her once.  I think it's okay though b/c she's the one with the tricky placenta.

Food cravings: Nothing much this week.

Anything making you queasy or sick: I should just never change this one: Meat.  I can do anything but chicken.  I made some chicken enchiladas the other day b/c I was craving Mexican - I had about 2 bites and had to give the rest to Allan.

Have you started to show yet: There's no hiding it now!

Gender: 2 little girls!

Labor signs: Not yet, although, I went to the OB yesterday b/c when I called them to describe what was going on they thought I was possibly having early contractions.  Turns out Zara has just shoved her head down into my pelvic bone and since there's not a lot of room in there it's causing my already stretched and achy muscles to stretch and ache even more.  Phew! I'll take pain over early contractions!

Belly button in or out: In!!!! So excited!!

Wedding rings on or off: Off - and have been for awhile, however, I had a little pregnancy moment yesterday and teared up over the fact I can't wear them on my finger.

Mood most of the time: So far this week it's been really stable and happy!  No more emotional meltdowns!!

Looking forward to: I have an ultra scan appointment on Tuesday - I won't see the doctor or anything, it's just to check growth and cervical length (Sorry, TMI - but that's to make sure the babies don't have a chance of coming early and it will start to happen on 2xmonth basis).  I'm looking forward to seeing the little ladies, but also, hoping I get some pictures! This tech likes showing us 3D photos.  While they creep me out - t

hey are kind of cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment