Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Our first night home...

Well, we made it through our first night home together.  I didn't think we actually would at some points during the night!! I stayed up with the girls and woke my parents up as needed for changings/feedings.  But in the inbetween time - it was all me.

I learned a few things last night that will hopefully help me tonight:

1) The girls need a blanket big enough to properly swaddle them.  No exceptions.

2) The "Sleep Sheep" was a lifesaver come 3 am.

Lala ready for a feeding!
3) Move anybody who snores away from the girls when they are sleeping (the girls and the snoring individual).

After learning all of this by around, oh say four o'clock, I had two girls who slept the entire last two hours until their next feed!! Holy Moly!!  So, you guessed it - I finally got two hours of sleep myself.  I feel like I've been sleeping for years after being up for almost 24 hours.

Hopefully, all of what I've learned tonight will also hold true during the night coming up - I'd say tomorrow but really, it's today.

Now, to finish up our 6 o'clock feeding and get them back to bed for a little sleep before we have to pack up and go to our very first pediatrician appointment!! And boy do I have questions for him now that the girls have been home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment