Sunday, October 6, 2013

Chronic Hypertension & Pregnancy....

All day I've had this headache that just won't quit.  It's not really unusual for me these days.  In fact, it's one of the reasons we'll be delivering the girls early.  Well, I took my BP this morning, afternoon and now tonight.  It's been progressively going up all day until I got the reading you see pictured above.

Annoying.  My doctor said I could have my hour out of bed every 3-4 hours as long as I could keep my numbers in the "prehypertension" range.  I suspect she'd like it to be in the normal range - but they haven't been there this entire pregnancy.  If my numbers went into hypertension - then I don't get my hour out of bed.

So, here we are - serious hypertension. Back in bed, horizontally, and being pissy.  I'm to check my numbers again in 20-30 minutes and if they don't go down a bit then I'm to go to L&D.  Which, honestly, I don't really want to do.  1) My numbers are usually low enough when I get there that they aren't concerned.  2) I hate the monitor belt they make you wear.  My belly is too big for them and they slip right off.  3) They keep you there for hours on end.

I'm over this chronic hypertension (not pre-e anymore b/c I don't spill protein into my urine - I just have all the other symptoms).  Bring on Thursday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment