Friday, October 4, 2013

Nursery time!

Pictures are huge to me - I absolutely love looking at pictures throughout time.  In fact, when I go home to my parents house, one of my favorite things to do is spend an afternoon looking through old pictures.   There is something about pictures - they capture our history, the love (and sometimes annoyance) we have for one another, the 'sign of the times', and most importantly - they tell our stories.

So, Allan and I recently got a new camera so that I could document the girls lives with something other than my iPhone.  I've been spending my time on bed rest (well, for the last few days) trying to learn how to use this camera.  My subjects are limited.  In fact, so far it's been Bax.  So, yesterday, I moved on to taking pictures of the nursery.  Here's what I came up with:


I made this mobile a few months ago after
discovering I hated any mobile under $100
and there was no way I was paying that!

Quilts and cribs.  Everything x2!
These are the gorgeous quilts my mom
made for the girls. 

Just another view of the cribs.  I love them!

These are the first stuffed animals that the girls received - twin
snow owls!  Allan's mother bought them for the girls
in Vegas when we first found out we were pregnant. 

Books, toys and more stuffed animals!  This
shelf was an absolute pain to put together - but
I love the way it looks. 

Even though A laughs at me - I wanted something "Scottish" in the
girls nursery w/out it being in-your-face Scottish. - to represent his culture.
Baby Highland Cows are SO cute!! 

My favorite part of the nursery - the Pottery Barn chair
I found on super clearance at a local surplus store! 

This is the spot Bax loves to sleep in the afternoon.  He
can see right into the cribs - I have a feeling he is going
to be more protective over the girls than anything. 


No comments:

Post a Comment