Friday, October 4, 2013

Last pregnancy comment??

One can hope, right?  I have six days left and so I should be nearing the end of comments about my size/shape/waddle etc.

Today's came from my cleaning lady - whom I absolutely love as she's really the only social interaction I have all week (aside from A & Bax).

Cleaning lady:  Wow!! You're stomach is even bigger now! You've seriously grown since last week!!

Umm...isn't that what's supposed to happen when you're pregnant? You get bigger and bigger b/c your baby is growing?

Perhaps I'm being ultra-sensitive b/c I'm nearly the end of my pregnancy and I'm guessing my hormones are raging.  Or, perhaps it's because I miss the 2nd trimester when everybody says how fabulous you look (even if they quantify it with "for having twins!") all the time.

I don't know.  But, I'll be happy to not have people comment on my size anymore.  I'm big, I get it. I'm starting to have a complex about it - that's how big I am.  I know it's all well-meaning, and I'm not really "upset" about the comments...I just want somebody who doesn't know me (i.e. who doesn't read this blog) to say, "Damn girl! You look great today!!" Or some variation of that...

No comments:

Post a Comment